Holiday season is officially here. With so many parties and events coming up, easy snacks and side dishes to prepare on the go are a timesaver. Using Allegro marinades, you can make something quick and simple that packs a big flavor!
Whether it’s Thanksgiving dinner or the office Christmas party, finding recipes for something that’s easy to make and tastes delicious can be difficult. We’ve compiled some holiday party food ideas that will keep everyone coming back for more.
Everyone loves to snack on Chex Mix. But, did you know it tastes even better with Allegro’s Hickory Smoke Marinade cooked in? One of our biggest fans, Caytlin, shared how she transforms an ordinary snack into the most talked about snack at the party.
Caytlin’s Chex Mix is a recipe that packs a punch:
- 3 cups of Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups of Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups of Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- 1 cup of bite-size pretzels
- 1 cup of goldfish crackers
- 8 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 tablespoons of Allegro Hickory Smoke marinade
- 1 ½ teaspoons of seasoning salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of onion powder.
- Combine the seasonings and butter ingredients then drizzle them over the cereals and dry snacks.
- Spread out on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 275 degrees for 2 hours, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.
Voila! It’s that simple. This snack has a perfect smoky flavor that people of all ages will love!
For dinner side dishes, an easy go-to meal is Allegro Green Beans. This side will turn even the pickiest eaters into fans! For this side you’ll need 1 pound of green beans, cut julienne, 3 tablespoons of Allegro Original Marinade, 1 tablespoon of oil, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, 4 large mushrooms, sliced, and ½ cup of sesame seeds, toasts.
Steam the beans until they are crisp and tender, which typically takes about 10 minutes. Combine the Allegro Original Marinade, oil, and nutmeg, in a large skillet and cook over low to medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they just become tender. Add the beans and toss lightly. Add the sesame seeds and toss again.
And just like that, you have a side dish that’s the perfect blend of soft and crispy, with an incredible flavor profile. This recipe takes a simple ingredient and turns it into a tasty side dish.
These snacks and sides are simple for every level cook, beginner to proficient. Whether you’re looking for something new for the family or need a party snack, these dishes are guaranteed to please.
For more recipes, check out the recipe idea section.