When enhancing the flavor of your next meal, it’s important to know the differences between marinades and BBQ sauces. Although they are both tasty, they can be used differently depending on what you’re cooking. Check out the comparison below to learn more about marinades and BBQ sauces.
- Typically used before cooking
- Mixture of acids, salt, and spices
- Thin liquid
- Only affects the surface of the food
- Typically used during or after cooking
- Mixture of sugar, tomato paste, salt, and spices
- Thick liquid
- Adds moisture
- Can add flavor to the whole cut of meat
So which one should you use?
Both! Marinades and BBQ Sauces can be used together to maximize the flavor in your next meal! To make tender, juicy, flavorful food, make sure you add your favorite marinade and BBQ sauce to your cart!